In the last year or so the we have had more and more requests for built in pantry or larder units on our customers kitchen Wishlist’s and we love them! They add another layer of interest to a kitchen and can include beautiful details both inside and out. They can either be built into an existing tall housing bank that includes your ovens/fridges etc or as a stand a lone centre piece in your kitchen space. Traditionally a pantry unit will accommodate beautiful solid oak side store units, which are useful for things such as spices/preserves or cereals and then inside a series of drawers and shelving units to house any other household food essentials. However, we are frequently being asked to re-think the traditional pantry to house a drinks station to include an integrated coffee machine, hot water tap or how about a cocktail pantry?! We have a few key considerations to think about if you are planning a built-in pantry:
· What appliances do you use in your kitchen the most that you would like to hide such as toasters, kettles etc, these can all be popped away in a cleverly designed pantry
· Would you make use of a spice racks and drawers?
· Solid worktop or wood inside? If you are wanting to use your pantry as a drinks station you will most probably need to have a solid worktop such as Quartz, if it is purely for food you will be fine with wood shelving, inserts and worktop
· Will you want little hands to be able to help themselves to snacks or will you want everything out of reach?
· Is there any integrated appliances you would love to have within the pantry, a microwave? Coffee machine? Hot water tap & small sink?